Trade Account Customers Better terms for trade account customers | Please login to get your pricing!
Wearing Metal - MaxiPart
High performance wearing parts – Developed from the ground up!
With a rich heritage spanning over 100 years in farming the harsh soils of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, the Browning’s family business of APM, which has been run alongside the family farming business, has evolved from a local country store into innovators and manufacturers of superb quality, high performing wearing parts, supplied throughout the UK.
Coming from the unique background of owning and running a large arable farm, the Browning’s experienced the real frustrations of poor quality, poor fitting and often expensive wear parts themselves. This contributed significantly to the birth and development of Maxipart®, which is now seen as an established brand offering premium, high performance wearing parts.
Outstanding in our field – Nationwide!
Our mission is…
• To set personal service at the forefront of our vision for growth
• To make it easy for our customers, with simple and clear working procedures
• To maintain consistent supply of top quality farm parts and consumables
• To be the indispensable partner to the UK arable farmer for a wide range of premium quality products
Our vision is…
• To innovate and develop unique and beneficial advantages in wearing metal parts
• To match or be superior to the quality of machinery manufacturer’s wearing metal with the development of the Maxipart® brand
• To expand our loyal customer base through the power of recommendation, proven value and dedication to a customer service experience which sets us apart
Our values are…
• Honesty; we tell you the truth, and give you the right advice, even if it comes at the expense of a sale for us
• Open-mindedness; we sit in your seat, viewing what we do from your angle and only providing products and service we’d be happy to receive ourselves
• Integrity; at every stage in our business we operate in an ethical and principled manner, and reward our staff for their loyalty and commitment
• Transparency; we recognise that what we do behind the scenes within the company is mirrored by what our customers see
When we set out to produce the best replacement metal parts on the market we were clear about two things in particular; All MAXIPART branded parts are tried and tested quality products, so you can have absolute confidence that what you’re buying is premium quality.
- That they must be of a quality at least as good as manufacturer’s parts, and
- That any product branded as MAXIPART must go through a full design and test process prior to wearing the MAXIPART (or MXP) stamp. This stamp gives you full confidence that the parts you are fitting to your machinery are from the top wearing metal drawer, and are built to perform in a range of soil types.
The production stages are:
Our customers’ advice is gold dust to us. Whenever we develop a product under the MAXIPART brand, we will always discuss any changes to improve the product’s wear and performance directly with the end-user. You’re the experts, after all!
Using our extensive experience in metal wear characteristics, we then set to designing the product, pulling in the tweaks mentioned in step 1 and always working to improve on the overall design. Lots of brainstorming at this stage.
Our initial design concept is then drawn using state of the art software. We also decide on the hardness that is required, to ensure maximum performance as well as the addition of Tungsten plates and other hard wearing components. Bearing in mind that one part can have a number of different hardness grades within it, this can be a very complicated procedure.
We then receive a sample from the foundry. We check the fitment is perfect, and also assess that the geometry is correct. The part must maximise low draft plus low wear characteristics.
We then test the part’s hardness, and the grade of steel. It is massively important that the product is made of the right material, and has been tempered properly, giving the right degree of hardness and flex, where necessary.
Following sign off of the stages above we get further samples in to trial in the field. We ask a few helpful farmers to wear the product out for us – how has it fared on various soil types?
Once we are entirely happy with the product we commit to placing b